What is STRESS..?
There is plenty of well documented evidence that stress manifests itself in many ways, sometimes requiring medication. For example:
Within our work environment there can be many contributing factors to increasing stress levels:
- Job loss - eg redundancy
- Shortage of available/suitable staff
- Poor management
- Ever increasing high targets & expectations to meet
- Lack of training or skills.
At home we have:
- Family commitments
- Mortgages & other bills
- Less time to unwind
Stress is not all negative....! We require a certain amount to function effectively and this is called Eustress (although we may call it motivation) which can be clearly seen from the Yerkes-Dodson curve.
One useful definition of stress is stress is a demand made upon the adaptive capacities of the mind and body. This definition helps us understand three important aspects of stress:
- Stress depends on your personal view of the stressor and can be both a positive and a negative factor in your life.
- It is your reaction to the events in life, rather than the actual events, that determine whether the outcome is positive or negative.
- Your capacities determine the results. Stress is a demand made upon the body's capacities. When your capacities for handling stress are strong and healthy, the outcome is positive. When you lack the ability to handle the demands, the outcome is negative.
Too little stress leads to boredom and lethargy; too much stress leads to physical and emotional breakdown. The right balance leads to a productive, healthy life.
What will you learn...?
The workshop will include Tai Chi, Alexander Technique, Hypnotherapy and NLP.
The aim is to create time for yourself, develop a work-life balance, improve self-confidence and well-being, and facilitate change - remember, if we keep doing things the same way, we get the same results.. By developing the capabilities of our mind and body we will learn to adapt and change
You will leave the day having learnt a number of simple and effective tools to increase self-awareness, improve postural alignment, achieve relaxation, manage stress, have a clearer understanding of the effects of positive and negative language., and have greater perspective of the world around you..
You will learn self-hypnosis to allow you to create calm positive time when needed, along with the confidence to deal with life's stresses and strains.
You will look and feel more relaxed and more confident.
You will be on the road to a more effortless life....
This one day workshop can be delivered at your venue for a maximum of 20 staff.