Coaching for Change - an NLP Perspective
- What is Coaching for Change
- What will you learn
- Course outline
- Course costs and dates
- Course pre-requirements
Coaching is defined as “enabling clients to shift their perspectives and thereby discover different solutions to achieve their goals”.
Change management is defined as “a structured approach to shifting/transitioning individuals, teams, and organisations from a current state to a desired future state”
The common element is the change of perspective or state.
Coaching for Change is a set of tools to develop belief and behaviour change and to gain commitment by overcoming resistance.
NLP Coaching has a distinct advantage over other forms of coaching as it enable the client to congruently achieve the objectives established in their coaching plan. NLP offers coaches the ability to tailor selected interventions to take into account the client’s unconscious mind where both resources and incongruities are present.
If you are already trained in NLP and want to explore the uses and possibilities of coaching, either in your personal or professional life, this is the ideal course for you. NLP is the perfect foundation from which to build your coaching skills.
It also comes with the reassurance of a robust and internationally recognised qualification from the Society of NLP if that is of interest to you.
- The relationship between and the differences of coaching, therapy, consulting and counselling.
- How coaching benefits both the organisation and the individual
- How coaching skills are essential to managers.
- The main coaching models and how they fit with NLP
- How to set goals so you can achieve them
- How to give feedback that quickly modifies behaviour
- How to coach a client to achieve their outcomes
- How to structure your own coaching programmes
- How to apply a simple top ten tips to coaching
What next: Contact us on 0121 251 6172 for dates of open courses; alternatively we can deliver on-site to suit you and at a day rate rather than delegate rate.
Day 1 - Introduction, structure and...
Background to coaching for change:
- What coaching actually is
- A brief history of coaching
How the NLP strategy model ties in planning implementation including:
- TOTE for results
- Well-formed outcomes
- The NLP Framing tool
- Classic coaching models such as the GROW, SMART, CLEAR etc.
- Meta Programmes and how they structure your decisions
- How we naturally motivate and organise ourselves and how we can use that to create natural motivation and productivity.
Day 2 - The use language in coaching
What our language says about our internal world
- How to gain rapport easily and effortlessly
Using the NLP language patterns:
- Meta model
- Milton Model
- Sleight of Mouth
- Small words with big meanings
The language of results:
- How to verbally frame an outcome so it is the ONLY possible result
- How to effectively structure questions and use feedback to easily achieve results
Day 3 - Bringing it all together
- How to structure your coaching programmes
- Top 10 tips for coaching for change from an NLP perspective
- Perceptual positioning
- Practical coaching practice
Summer course 2021
- July 9th to 11th
Winter course 2021
- October 29th to 31st
How can I book?
"Wow... The perceptual positioning exercise alone was worth it..... What I thought was might biggest worry didn't turn out to be so and I answered my own questions. I also now understand the coaching continuum between directive and non-directive" Kate - Head-teacher